Changes to CITB HS&E Tests | Key Guidance for the Construction Industry
If you work in the Construction industy, it is important to know about the forthcoming changes to the CITB Health Safety & Environment tests (CITB HS&E Tests) which will affect anyone sitting a test to renew or apply for a CSCS card after the 26th June 2019. We review the changes to the tests and provide practical guidance for businesses.
The updates to the CITB HS&E tests have been made as a result of two and a half years work between the CITB and industry experts to make the CITB HS&E tests even more robust.
What are the key changes to the CITB HS&E Tests?
- Current Legislation – All versions of the test have been reviewed to ensure they reflect current legislation.
- Level Playing Field – Each person sitting the operative test will have the same number of easy, medium and hard questions.
- Now Only One Section – Instead of two sections of questions to answer, candidates will only have one in the revised test. The behavioural case studies will be taken out.
- New Question Style – In the Managers and Professionals (MAP) version of the test, those sitting the test will drag and drop the answers into the right order. This format ensures candidates really knows the procedures for being safe on the job.
- Changes to On-Screen Tutorial – Improvements have been made to the on-screen tutorial so that candidates can learn how to operate the equipment during the test.
- Changes to Revision Material – The updated operatives revision material will not have every single question and answer from the test. This means that those sitting the test cannot memorise the answers. However, the new revision material will still cover all the information needed to revise for the test. Anyone taking the test after the 26th June 2019 should purchase the updated 2019 revision materials.
More from Wirehouse: